In India, where thousands of trains run and carry more than 20 million passengers every day, it is common to come across crowded trains and overcrowded ticket windows. And hence, it can be said that reserving your seats is quite a deal in itself. And getting IRCTC train tickets is not easy at all, whether you are booking them at the ticket window or using an online train booking app. Especially, when the train is full and only tatkal seats are available, it becomes a daunting task to carry out. It is because the seats are very limited and the list of passengers applying for them is endless.
Regardless, here we are with a brief guide to booking IRCTC tatkal tickets. So, let’s move ahead and learn in detail how to book tatkal tickets in a jiffy.
Easy Steps to Book IRCTC Tatkal Tickets
Using these steps, it would become easy for you to booking tatkal tickets. Moreover, if you use these steps you would be able to save a lot of time on booking.
- The first and foremost thing to do is to download a train booking app. You can either use the IRCTC Rail Connect app or the Goibibo app to get your booking done.
- The next step is to create an account and save all the details, ranging from your name to date of birth and age to place of residence. You would be required to use your mobile number to register your name on the app.
- Now, go to the booking section and fill in the required information, which includes the origin, the destination, and the date of travel. Make sure to use the Tatkal travel quota and not the general quota while booking the tickets.
- Submit the details and you will have a long list of trains available on the route you have searched for. Select the train and the travel class (Sleeper, AC I Tier, AC II Tier, AC III Tier, First Class, CC, and EC) of your choice and click on the book button.
- Now fill in the passenger details which include name, age, nationality, and the berth of preference. Save your details and click on “review journey details”. Also, on the page, you can opt for auto upgradation, travel insurance, and more. (Make sure to keep all your details handy so that you don’t waste time searching for them)
- Once it is done, select the method of payment. You can pay the amount using a credit card, debit card, and UPI ID.
- When payment is successful, save the ticket. You will also receive the ticket on your mail ID.
Tops Tips to Book Tatkal Ticket
- Have a strong internet connection
- Log into your account prior to the opening of the tatkal ticket window
- Keep all your details ready
- Install an ad blocker if you are booking your tickets directly from the IRCTC Website
- If possible, use the NetBanking method as it is the fastest means of payment
- The tatkal tickets for AC opens at 10 am and for non-AC opens at 11 am.
- If you wish to get offers and discounts, then you can download the Goibibo holiday booking app to book your train tickets.